Senior Program Manager
At Docker, Technical Program Managers make sure that the right products ship on schedule. They work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create actionable plans -- and make sure that all efforts converge into powerful deliverables for our customers. This job goes beyond "standard" Project Management, i.e., creating milestones, defining dependencies, tracking projects, and running Sprint sessions. It requires a deep understanding of the content and strategic value of the Products that we ship -- and an extraordinary ability to identify, articulate, and elevate discordant issues so that they can be solved without losing overall momentum.
At Docker, we are creating technology that underlies a new wave of Cloud Computing -- so nothing is ever standard or paint-by-the-numbers. Technical Program Management provides "enough" process to maintain productivity in this hyper-fast environment -- without creating drag or stifling creativity. This requires Program Managers who are creative, wise, sensitive, and cool. We know you are out there.
Who You Are:
* Articulate and organized
* Deep understanding of cloud and computer technology
* Flexible and creative thinker
* Thrive in dynamic environments
* Demonstrated ability to get things done
* Can't sleep at night unless there is a rock-solid, actionable plan in place
What You Do:
* Plan deliverables, including strategic milestones
* Oversee Engineering Sprints
* Manage cross-project dependencies
* Track multiple Projects, maintain and communicate status
* Elevate issues; ensure that solutions converge
* Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or comparable experience
* Experience with a range of project management tools and techniques, i.e., Wikis, Trello, Kanban, Agile, Jira, …
* Experience with a range of development tools, i.e., GitHub, Bitbucket
* Working experience in at least 1 programming language
* We enjoy working on small teams
* We trust our colleagues and customers
* We are willing and eager to learn from each other
* We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
* We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world's most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker's rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of "Dockerized" applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.
Docker is an open platform for distributed applications that allows developers and sysadmins to build, ship and run distributed applications.