BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The BlackRock Organizational Research & HR Innovation team was established to help transform Human Resources with science, technology and human intelligence. Our team uses machine learning and other data science techniques to derive insights that inform our people strategy, build innovative A.I. based technology solutions and we partner with internal teams on large strategic and transformational projects, helping them develop more standardized, rigorous and scientifically driven talent processes.
We are looking for a data scientist who can help us apply cutting edge NLP and machine learning techniques to our rich data set. You will be solving complex data problems with a multi-disciplinary team of scientist, engineers and talent management experts. You will be working in partnership with renowned professors and psychologists who will help guide your work based on well-established research studies.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a machine learning/NLP role
* Strong academic background (Ph.D. preferred) in a related field - Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
* Solid background in statistical machine learning techniques for NLP (Deep Learning, HMMs, CRFs, SVMs, LDA, LSI, MRFs etc)
* Experience with statistical modelling
* Comprehensive coding experience in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python)
* Expertise in the design and analysis of data structures and algorithms
* Excellent analytical skills - ability to analyze large datasets, detect and correct errors, interpret and report results to various audiences
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Results-oriented - ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality
* Team player - collaborative and focused on collective objectives and goals
* Expertise in building ontologies, taxonomies, and semantic relation frameworks
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: entity/relation extraction, normalization, text summarization, semantic search, word/paragraph/document embedding, ranking, ontology-aware IR, question answering systems
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.