About this role
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges.
BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale. Aladdin Risk® is a subset of the full Aladdin platform that is also available on a stand-alone basis. It combines our sophisticated risk analytics, highly scalable processing capabilities and subject matter expertise that seek to provide a comprehensive risk solution.
The Aladdin Implementations team is responsible for the installation and deployment of Aladdin and Aladdin Risk at BlackRock Solutions' clients. Implementations are high profile initiatives which require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in transforming client organizations; a typical implementation is at least as much about processes and implementing change as it is about technology. We help clients achieve challenging strategic objectives which range from streamlining operations to modernizing their overall investment and risk management processes. BlackRock's implementation model is unique in that we take full responsibility for the client going live on our solution. This means that we develop a true partnership with our clients that continues well beyond implementation Go Live.
We are looking for a candidate to join the Aladdin Implementations team with a specific focus on leading Aladdin Risk implementations at external clients. This exciting role combines aspects of project management, client relationship management, and risk analytics expertise. This candidate will lead the day-to-day project management of client implementations, including effectively managing project teams, tracking against key milestones, managing project risks, and keeping project stakeholders apprised of the project status. During implementation, the candidate will work closely with clients' senior management to gain a full understanding of their business processes and design the desired analytics and reporting workflows using Aladdin Risk functionality. This candidate will collaborate with several teams across the firm to ensure an outstanding client implementation experience, as well as share best practice across Aladdin Risk clients in various industries.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Plan and manage Aladdin Risk implementations:
* Lead the day-to-day project management of client implementations, including creating project plans, managing action items, and coordinating resources across multiple functional areas.
* Lead and participate in client calls and communications as a subject matter expert on the implementation approach, risk analytics, and data interfaces.
* Gain an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin Risk functionality to ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin products and tools.
* Assist in Aladdin Risk configuration, testing, and user training.
* Develop a strong working relationship with clients to support the implementation and adoption of Aladdin Risk by working directly with clients' senior management (e.g. Chief Risk Office, Chief Investment Officer, Head Portfolio Managers and Analytics Specialists, and Technology Managers).
* Identify and implement process improvements to enhance future implementations. Challenge the status quo.
* Participate in Aladdin business development activities by assisting in due diligence meetings with prospective clients.
* Ensure a smooth transition from implementation to on-going client support teams.
* Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic, and leadership.
* Four-year degree in a business or technical discipline. CFA or equivalent qualifications (or progress toward) encouraged but not required.
* 2-5 years of broad technical and/or financial services experience.
* Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients. Capable of connecting with multiple audiences and articulating lines of reasoning.
* Strong organizational and project management skills; inclination for process design. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, derivatives, alternatives) and multi-asset class risk analytics.
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical thinking skills; familiarity with basic coding (e.g. SQL) a plus.
* Expected to travel periodically (1 - 2 days/week during peak project phases).
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.