A Network Administrator at VARIDESK provides high-level technical support and expertise associated with continuous monitoring and management of data networks and associated telecommunication and network security devices. This person performs configuration, monitoring, tuning, optimization, patching, and troubleshooting of devices and networks. Additionally, this person coordinates outages and changes with other internal service groups and external service providers. The Network Administrator performs compliance activities associated with network, network security, and telecommunications assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Act as a subject matter expert for the integration, planning, design, and implementation of data networks, network security devices, telecommunications devices, and associated monitoring and management systems * Install, configure, and troubleshoot network architecture across multiple sites * Monitor and diagnose performance issues with network architecture * Design, write, and update system documentation and network diagrams * LAN/WAN routing and switching design, configuration, and deployment in medium to large environments * Build VPN tunnels * Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with network infrastructure * Work closely with Information Security team to implement policies * Manage tickets in a help desk ticketing system * Maintain knowledgebase and other internal documentation for IT systems * Provide updates on IT-related projects within a project management solution * Work directly with vendors and service providers for infrastructure changes and expansions * Develop, maintain, and test failover and disaster recovery procedures * Perform regular system upgrades and backups on all network equipment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy * Positive attitude that embraces change * Able to spot inconsistencies, track down root causes, and creatively identify solutions * Ability to manage and complete projects in a fast-paced working environment * Possess great communication skills * Ability to handle multiple requests * Positive attitude with eagerness to learn * Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve data issues quickly * Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work independently under deadlines, collaborating across the team as needed * Ability to work independently and take initiative to ask questions to clarify
* Experience managing DNS, SSL certificates, DHCP, RTP, etc. * Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully redundant enterprise network * Experience working directly with ISPs * Experience maintaining a HA firewall configuration and redundant ISPs * 3+ years experience with Palo Alto firewalls, HP / Aruba switches, and WAPs * Experience with pfSense is a plus * Experience with Akamai, Cloudflare, F5 BIG-IP * Experience managing network hardware such as switches, WAPs, and firewalls * Experience supporting Kubernetes, cloud application security brokers, Jira/Confluence is a plus * 5+ years' experience with TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols including both interior and exterior routing protocols and concepts, including OSPF, and BGP, GRE, IPSEC and other VPN technologies * Cisco CCNA, Cisco VoIP or other telephony certifications preferred. * Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Were award winners:
* Best Place to Work Top 10 Dallas Business Journal * National Entrepreneurs of the Year EY * Fastest Growing Company in DFW SMU
We take health seriously:
* On-site gym with Peloton Cycle and daily group classes * Comprehensive Health Plans * Healthy Foods and Snacks * Wellness Program and Insurance Premium Discounts * Nicotine Free Workplace
We value our employees:
* All employees use VARIDESK products * Enhanced Paternity / Maternity Programs * Three weeks of Personal Time Off a year * Up to five days of time off for Volunteering * Offsite Events and Happy Hours * Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Premiums Covered at 100% by VARIDESK * 401k Plan with employer match
Varidesk designs, develops and manufactures height adjustable desk solutions and accessories.