Working under the supervision of the QA Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software to Production. The ideal candidate has web applications, eCommerce, and ERP experience, as well as experience with industry standard QA tools for test case development, test execution, and defect management. The engineer is expected to work with a team and to work independently with equal proficiency. The associate will interact with his or her supervisor as needed, but many activities will require independent thought and decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyze and understand requirements, devise a test strategy to adequately cover the requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases. Review test artifacts with QA and development team members and edit accordingly.
* Own the QA role throughout each project. This includes but is not limited to: consume requirements, write and execute tests (manual and automated), monitor testing progress, report status, log defects, track and test defect fixes, choose when and what to re-test, collaborate with team members, monitor project progress, incorporate schedule and scope changes, shepherd the product to delivery, be responsible for quality of product
* Participate in test automation. Write manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, extend the automation infrastructure.
* Collaborate with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
* Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems under test and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
* Participate in team process improvement. Understand our development lifecycle, participate in its continuous improvement.
* Communication Able to communicate effectively and efficiently, verbally and in writing, in clear, concise and relevant terms.
* Collaboration Working effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships, contributing to team success.
* Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successful completion of tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* Knowledge of QA theory and methodology: 1. Can define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability (and others) 2. Can define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress (and others) 3. Ability to conduct exploratory testing; able to test a product in the absence of requirements
* Experience in QA automation and writing automated test scripts
* Experience with testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Specflow and Selenium a plus
* Experience working as a member of a cross functional team practicing Scrum/Agile
* Well versed in Microsoft SQL Server. Able to write queries, understand database architecture; can incorporate data validation and data mining into test activities
* Good understanding of web services, RESTful interfaces, XML, JSON
* Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Demonstrable experience with Fiddler, Firebug, Yslow, and other web debugging proxies
* Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
* Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
* Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
* Works well under pressure to meet due dates
* Able to work with no or minimal supervision and willing to take the initiative
* Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
* Strong sense of ownership, takes responsibility
Were award winners:
* Best Place to Work Top 10 Dallas Business Journal
* National Entrepreneurs of the Year EY
* Fastest Growing Company in DFW SMU
We take health seriously:
* On-site gym with Peloton Cycle and daily group classes
* Comprehensive Health Plans
* Healthy Foods and Snacks
* Wellness Program and Insurance Premium Discounts
* Nicotine Free Workplace
We value our employees:
* All employees use VARIDESK products
* Enhanced Paternity / Maternity Programs
* Three weeks of Personal Time Off a year
* Up to five days of time off for Volunteering
* Offsite Events and Happy Hours
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Premiums Covered at 100% by VARIDESK
* 401k Plan with employer match
* Tuition Reimbursement for qualified courses
Varidesk designs, develops and manufactures height adjustable desk solutions and accessories.