What you'll be doing...
As the Senior Network Engineer you will be part of the Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) Support Team, focused on developing solutions that drive the success of Verizon's bleeding-edge Networks and Platforms. You will be innovative and lead cross-functional activities with partners in Planning, Performance, and Engineering.
A successful candidate must identify, evaluate, and drive new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of network design, routing \ switching, and the protocols used in the network stack to deliver intelligence and resiliency at the edge - MPLS, RSVP, ISIS, BGP.
You will also embrace agile methodologies and show an aptitude for being able to adapt. You will lead the effort to transform the way we do operations by promoting a DevOps mindset.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, and Traffic Engineering using BGP and MPLS-TE.
* Knowledge of IP Routing Protocols (ISIS, OSPF, BGP).
* Knowledge and experience with major router platforms - Juniper MX and Cisco NCS.
* Knowledge of Ethernet Switching technologies and Protocols.
* Experience with Python Scripting
* Experience with Optical Transport Technologies - WDM, ROADM, and WSS
Even better if you have:
* In-depth knowledge of Metro Ethernet architecture, Next Generation Packet transport technology, understanding of MEF standards.
* Experience developing or consuming REST based web services.
* Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), REST-CONF, and YANG.
* Experience with Splunk for Proactive monitoring and Analysis using Next Generation telemetry, logging, reporting, dash board development, and continuous delivery technologies.
* Expert-level or Professional Level certifications (e.g. CCIE/CCNP, JNCIE/JNCIP).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.