Senior Microsoft Solutions Architect
It's never been a more exciting time for customers to explore Microsoft solutions - but it's also never been noisier or more chaotic!
Your job as a Microsoft Solution Architect is to cut through the noise and clarify how our customers can transform their business for the hybrid-cloud era with Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and our unique set of services and assessments. Working alongside highly-skilled professionals at Softchoice and Microsoft, you play a vital role in delivering custom, cutting-edge solutions to make our customers more agile and productive. As one of North America's top Microsoft solutions providers, you will make sure our customers get the unique, business-driven value our brand has come to represent.
Providing deep technical insights: You act as a bridge between our sales people and the customer to bring up-to-date insights on Microsoft technologies, industry trends and the competition. You translate marketing fluff and technical jargon into compelling, concrete insights. You will also be presenting and hosting learning workshops in person and over the phone with business leaders from the C-Level down, to drive sales and practice the art of the possible.
Challenging customers: Use your skills, insight and experience to tell your clients what they need to do, not just what they want. You must be able to challenge their beliefs with well-researched, tailored insights, bringing in creative and business-savvy solutions that drive the sale and maximize outcomes.
Scoping work and proposals: You use exceptional written and verbal communications skills to scope, assemble and propose solutions. A hands-on role, you must be able to act under pressure and show wisdom and leadership, often for an audience of top tier executives.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
* Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* 10+ years relevant industry experience; 7+ years in a pre-sales capacity
* You must also have a broad understanding of core Microsoft cloud technologies and services, including Azure IaaS and Office 365, and core Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange and Windows Server.
* Extra credit for also having a mastery of one or more of the following: EMS/Intune, Skype for Business (including Skype PBX), System Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM), and SQL.
* An insatiable curiosity to learn more about new Microsoft technologies and our customer's business
* Advanced business acumen with the ability to understand the ins and outs of our customer's challenges
* Exceptional communication and personal skills, both written, verbal and while presenting to groups, including C-level executives
* Proven ability to mentor and train junior and intermediate level pre-sales architects
* Solid understanding of the commercial IT market for hardware and software
* Strong analytical skills are required
* Self-managed and motivated individual with strong leadership skill
Please note, this position requires you to travel up to 25% of your time to regularly meet with customers, Microsoft representatives and take part in industry and educational events.
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you've applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
* Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 13 consecutive years
* Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
* Meaningful work that drives professional development
* Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
* Being part of a winning, high performance team
* Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
* We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
* We've raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
* 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
* Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
* Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know in your application or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Softchoice Corporation provides software and hardware products to clients, partners and the communities.