Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who are we?
Oracle Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) brings the power and versatility of the Oracle Database to the cloud. As a service offering built on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, it integrates award winning Oracle database technologies such as the Oracle Autonomous Database, Oracle Exadata and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) making them available to customers of all stripes both for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) as well as Data Warehousing workloads.
What do we do?
The Oracle DBaaS group builds and operates Oracle's DBaaS service offering on top of a massive fleet of highly available, enterprise grade bare-metal, virtual machine and Exadata infrastructure.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for hands-on software engineers with a passion to solve interesting problems in distributed systems and high availability. You will own the software design, development and deployment of various critical components of the system and also help mentor/lead a team a smart engineers. You should be hands-on with the ability to dig deeper into any part of the stack while also having the ability to look at the big picture and make engineering decisions. You should also be able to apply those fundamentals to real-world problems and come up with specialized solutions.
* 7 years of experience in delivering and managing highly scalable and highly available distributed systems.
* Strong knowledge of JAVA and object oriented programming is a must.
* Strong knowledge of microservices, design pattern and databases.
* Good understanding of operating systems, virtualization and containers.
* Strong knowledge in data structures, algorithms and computer science fundamentals.
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills at all levels of the stack.
* Ability to quickly respond to any alerts/incidents and provide initial triage or efficiently escalate to Operations staff.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience as a software engineer/developer.
* Participate in the design and architecture of large scale Distributed DBaaS Service features
* Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Oracle DBaaS service.
* Participate in research and prototyping (proof of concept) different aspect of Oracle DBaaS service
* Solve complex and difficult problems and build automation to prevent them from happening again
* Participate in DBaaS service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Participate in periodic on call duties
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.