What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior IT Manager who will be responsible for leading the system development, design, configuration and operations. You will manage systems that support enterprise wide portfolio, program and project management support. This will include planning, organizing, monitoring and overseeing all aspects of application planning and management.
* As the face of the platform, engage and actively listen to the end users to educate and guide them, understand and document their needs, then interpret, translate and converge those business needs into Verizon2.0 / baseline system aligned requests for design and delivery.
* Direct responsibility for the systems including strategic direction, work prioritization, budget responsibility, team/people/skill development, performance review and KPI achievement.
* Manage an existing process to receive, prioritize, and track enhancement requests.
* Overall Process Manager - Capable of managing the existing process to receive, prioritize, and track enhancement requests and roadmap items. This may involve the ongoing refinement of processes through organizational changes.
* Agile Coach and Mentor - Possess the skills necessary in driving Agile methodologies for the processes. These skills should include both theoretical and practical knowledge. Plan, support and facilitate Agile transformation and scaling in support of team objectives
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of related work experience.
* Experience in applicable tools (GSuite, Jira/Agile Central, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Willingness to travel upto approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies, project management concepts, and business process development and management. The individual should be able to communicate with business and technical resources and act as a mediator at times.
* Knowledge of Architecture/Stack (i.e. CentOS Linux, Apache Tomcat, Oracle , JAVA, SQL, etc.)
* Experience in JIRA, Agile methodologies, etc.
* Experience in Agile Methodology - Implementing an Agile-based process for managing enhancement requests and related projects will require an understanding of the complex VZ organization and the ability to sell the value of changing existing processes. The individual will be challenged with loyalty to existing processes and a change-adverse mindset across the organizations.
* Management experience in matrixed organizations with an ability to reconcile conflicting agendas and drive alignment across user groups.
* Good knowledge of systems development life cycle.
* Ability to coach, facilitate and empower team members through removal of impediments.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.