Responsible for directing the activities of a staff that creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Supervises the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a manager in the technical writing division, you will lead a team that will design and write conceptually complex parts of new documentation. Recognize design dependencies with related product documentation and/or products and propose design changes or new designs. Provide subject matter guidance Company-wide to all levels.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of technical documentation. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Manager of User Assistance
Amazing things are happening at Oracle Health Sciences! We are revolutionizing the way clinical trials are run and ways to leverage patient data in healthcare. Our information developers are revolutionizing the way we support the customer who use our software to achieve their goals. We're an ambitious group focused on creating task focused, easy to use information products that lead to customer success.
We're looking for an experienced manager and innovator to join our team. Could it be you? You'd work with UX designers, User Enablement Specialists, Product Development, and Product Management to lead a worldwide team. You'll drive innovation in designing and developing user assistance for both new our new products and make sure that the trains run on time for our legacy products.
* Lead a team responsible for leveraging their UA skills to help transform the Health Sciences industry.
* Design and implement beautiful, simple and engaging information that our customers love and provide value to the business.
* Set the right expectations for the UA teams capacity and keep them accountable for consistently hitting timelines.
* Drive innovation in the methods and deliverables that the team.
* 7-10 years of experience working within software development organizations.
* Past professional experience managing and scaling a team of User Assistance professionals.
* Expert understanding of UA best practices and can support all the decisions you make.
* Past experience effectively driving innovation in Information Architecture.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and willing and able to collaborate well with numerous stakeholders around the organization.
* Experience in pursuing everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; never give up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* This is a challenging position so we're looking for someone who is not scared to face some challenges but is patient as the boat starts to turn and uses humor and fun to build on a positive tone in the team.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.