At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Senior II Engineer will be expected to be involved in Core AND either Feed OR Search all aspects of the team.
As of today, the team has 3 sub-tracks:
* Core: Backend scalability, Data reliability, Product features
* Feed/Recommendations: Multi-objective optimization, Core Ranking Improvements, Ranking Platform
* Search: Search Retrieval & First Pass Ranking, Assisted Search, Search Relevance with Food Graph
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
Depending upon their previous expertise and interest, they will be expected to be heavily involved in
* Building scalable retrieval and ranking systems
* Helping setup the right tech / tools / processes to speed up experimentation velocity
* Working closely with ML-Infra teams (like Search and Michelangelo) to guide the building of next gen Infra
* Building state-of-the art relevance for UberEats Feed OR Search systems
What You'll Need
* Previous domain expertise in some high-scale Applied ML field (Recommendations, Search, Ads, Content relevance etc)
Bonus Points If
* Previous expertise on distributed systems and/or ML Infra
* Excited about scalability and reliability of systems
About the Team
Uber Eats is our food delivery platform that makes getting great food from your favorite local restaurants as easy as requesting a ride.
The Eater Discovery team is responsible for serving and personalization of Feed, Search and Menu flows in the Eats app. The team's mission is to build a reliable, personalized and leverageable platform to enable effortless food discovery for consumers everywhere. As the world moves towards high adoption of delivery services, we believe that effortless discovery will be one of the biggest product differentiators in the years to come.
The team owns 3 tier-1 (business critical) services, 30 machine learning models in production and over 300 data pipelines which ETL and monitor the data used for these models. The team vision can be found here - http://t.uber.com/discovery-vision-19
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.