At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We're looking for team players with natural IT intuition who can work harder, faster and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. Our mission is to enhance Uber's risk posture through our toolset, integrations, and platforms. You will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, business systems analysts, and program managers to ensure Uber is achieving compliance from an IT perspective.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
As the Systems Engineer on the Compliance Team, you will be instrumental in defining, executing and maintaining software and system standards for Uber employees worldwide. Your decisions will contribute to a user platform and experience that is extremely efficient, scalable, and reliable.
* Own the lifecycle responsibility for requirements gathering, architecting, developing and managing complex automation and/or interactions between existing solutions
* Facilitate application discussions related to Contract Lifecycle Management (e.g. SpringCM) and be able to thoughtfully outline technical solutions from one to many applications, including CRM solutions
* Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders across other organizational units; demonstrate a clear understanding of their needs, goals, and objectives; conduct implementation pilots and help stakeholders envision the final solution
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Act as system owner and ultimate escalation point for any tools/processes created
* Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; end-user training and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
What You'll Need
* Familiarity in one more scripting or developer languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python, or PowerShell,
* Experience working with various web services API (REST based is a must) for user provisioning and automation purposes; understanding of XML and/or XPATH queries
* Technical experience with the following applications: SpringCM, DocuSign, Salesforce, Box
* Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints; ability to logically produce artifacts such as business process flows and user stories; ability to conceptualize process improvements for a future state.
* Excellent environmental testing; test planning and execution skills
* Strong analytical and logical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to decipher highly technical data; generate actionable recommendations using agile implementation methodologies.
* Excellent technical architectural and process documentation skills
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Bonus Points If
* BS in Computer Science or a closely related technical field
* 3 years minimum of industry experience in an IT Compliance / Legal setting
* Experience with Relativity, Advologix, GRC tools, DLP, gSuite, Salesforce Apex, and Atlassian
* Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with an emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
* Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork
About the Team
Compliance is one of Uber's most important goals. Our team uses state-of-the-art technology coupled with Uber's own world-class platforms to ensure we are meeting our compliance objectives. Join us in making a positive impact on the world through our compliance initiatives by supporting Uber.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.