Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic we're changing the way people travel - to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation's most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Cubic is the analytics center of excellence and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city's carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you're empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we're driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don't take a backseat. Join Cubic and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
Job Summary: Performs complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
* Participates in the design, development, planning modification and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with Cubic engineering procedures.
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions. Performs complex analysis of design programming.
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology theory and knowledge.
* Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedules and technical approaches.
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment. Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Test and documents results.
* Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements.
* Maintains liaison with the customers, coordinators, subcontractors and vendor representatives.
* Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes presentations before management and customers.
* Monitors project status and progress and measure system performance.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies software engineering process improvement and supports the execution of them across the organization.
* Provides mentorship to junior engineering staff.
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus a minimum of five years of related experience or a master's degree with at least three years of related experience. Experience to include specification, design and development of software systems. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as Java, "C/C++/C#," Product Lifecycle Management, graphics or other developmental software. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC environment. May require experience with embedded processing. Ability to use PC software such as Microsoft Word/Project/Visio, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.