What you'll be doing...
You will be working on Verizon Customer Experience Platform which will be responsible for handling all the customer touch point transactions with Verizon including Sales and Services. You will be working on building the next generation OSS platform for Verizon Wireless, and will be involved in migrating existing technology stack into the cutting edge technology stack that is being built to handle the business and consumer needs for the next decade. You will work across Digital and Assisted channels to enable an Omni user experience to the front end channels by driving common domain driven solutions. You will also be driving the migration of existing functionalities to the new technology stack.
You will support managers and peers with analysis, development and delivery of business requirements, by working with internal and external customers, understand high level objectives and match these to solutions and propose new solutions. You will also be responsible to drive high quality innovative solutions and reduce time to market by working with cross functional teams, design, development, testing, deployment and support throughout the software development life cycle.
* Communicate with external teams including business clients on various issues and resolutions thereof to provide best customer experience
* Confirming to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
* Review monitoring and set up KPIs and alerts for various services
* Participate in requirement gathering and create design document
* Mentor Verizon teams working across the globe in a global delivery model
* Ensure high quality standards of the deliverable by doing thorough code reviews and monitoring KPIs to ensure the Service Level Agreements are met.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
* Experience working on micro services-based architecture.
* Experience with Postgres or Cassandra databases.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Two or more years of experience working on micro services-based architecture in any cloud platforms - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
* Experience in software containerization tools like Docker, Docker-Compose.
* Experience handling complete product releases from development, testing to production
* Experience with continuous development, continuous integration, and agile development including DevOps tools such as Jira, Git and Jenkins.
* Exposure to CI/CD/Build tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle and Maven.
* Experience in Test-Driven Development.
* Exposure to Java 8 and Above - Functional Programming, Lambda Expressions, Streams API.
* Knowledge about Reactive programming.
* Exposure to container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
* Experience in any scripting languages like bash, Go or Python.
* Experience with Google drive suite services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.).
* Strong technical knowledge, aptitude and communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.