What you'll be doing...
Join our Information Security team where you will be responsible for supporting our Security Testing and Solutions organization. The team is responsible for building hands-on security training tools within the DevOps environment, and security-vulnerable apps that can be used to test the security knowledge of developers. In addition, the team is responsible for continuously evangelizing Security Best Practices, SDLC, and proper processes.
As an experienced developer, you will work on a Logging and Monitoring project where the team collects data from different applications and analyzes the logs to look for vulnerabilities.
* Developing a tool that will meet the requirements of all parties to send to Kafka and then to Splunk.
* Writing logs that will sit between application logs, shipper logs and Kafka.
* Participating in evaluating new information security tools.
* Working with teams on how to document and mitigate security issues.
* Providing input to teams as needed for guidance on Cyber Security matters, Cyber security knowledge and best practices.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience writing Java code.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in data pipelining.
* Experience with at least one data pipeline tool such as Kafka, AWS Lambda, etc.
* Experience with Log Shippers such as Logstash, Apache Log4j, etc.
* Experience with .Net and Python.
* Experience with Splunk.
* Experience with JIRA, GIT and other DevOps systems.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.