Senior IT Application Engineer - Atlassian Suite
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Twitter is a growing organization that faces new challenges as it evolves. The IT Enterprise Applications (ITEA) Atlassian platform team focuses on building and supporting Twitter's JIRA, Confluence platform and integrations.
ITEA is collectively responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple internal teams on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment.
What You'll Do
The responsibility of this position includes managing, maintaining, supporting, upgrading on-prem JIRA software, JIRA Service Desk, custom, out of the box plugins and Confluence. The candidate must be forwarding thinking and should lead the team in making decisions around server, data center and Atlassian cloud based products. Lead the team to choose the right Atlassian products to solve organizational problems. You will work with connected technology teams and stakeholders to provide a great Atlassian experience. You will build systems to enable seamless, secure, and robust access to applications that support our internal customers and their operational needs while keeping Twitter systems stable and secure.
Who You Are
To continually strengthen our growing team, we are looking for a senior Atlassian engineer, to help guide the design and development of highly scalable business application solutions. As an integral member of the broader IT Enterprise Applications team, this position will be responsible for developing creative solutions in support of our business partner's evolving requirements. If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with these responsibilities:
* Experience managing large Jira deployments (over 1 million tickets) and the challenges that comes with that.
* Experience with planning, staging, and upgrading Jira, Confluence, Crowd.
* Oversee the design, development and deployment of JIRA and Confluence based solutions to internal business teams within Twitter
* Mentoring junior team members, and supporting a best-in-class IT engineering team
* Provide leadership and guidance to develop or improve business process automation solutions for internal Twitter teams, specifically around the employee lifecycle
* Collaborate with architects and other engineers to develop technical designs and solution recommendations
* Partner with vendors, internal IT Product Managers and work with multiple business partners to develop solutions against departmental roadmaps
* Partner with other internal engineering teams and third party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions
* Collaborate with internal audit and compliance teams to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risks
* Responsible for guiding design, code review, and release management as part of the oversight of our internal software development lifecycle
* Work with other members of the broader IT Enterprise Applications team for coordinated solution delivery
* Collaborate with production operations team to deploy functionality and provide post-production support
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS or equivalent work experience
* 5 - 7 years of experience
* Ability to translate business needs to technical solutions
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
* Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
* Ability to work in an aggressive, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
* Team oriented approach
* In depth knowledge of JIRA Service Desk
* and its effects on permissions
* Linux administration
* Ability to install/upgrade JIRA/JIRA Service Desk/Confluence
* SQL - Understanding the JIRA database architecture. Solid understanding of database connection pools
* Ability to create filters using JQL
* Good understanding of folder structure of JIRA/Confluence, Java Virtual Memory
* Experience troubleshooting performance related issues and making configuration changes
* Experience scaling Jira settings such as workflows, permissions across an organization
* Ability to create/modify issue types, field configuration and screens in JIRA, as well as Confluence spaces and Pages
* Solid understanding of permissions (Global, project level, groups) and integration with LDAP directory
* Able to run office hours for JIRA and Confluence
* Java application development experience
* Proficiency working within a defined SDLC process
* Consuming requirements documents
* Writing design documents
* Working in a source-controlled environment.
* Experience working within an Agile development framework
* Disciplined approach in producing and maintaining documentation
* Experience using Jira and Confluence REST APIs for automation and integration with other tools
* Ability to create/modify scripts using Script Runner(Java)
* Configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a social networking platform.