The RMR Group
RMR is seeking an expert-level Senior Infrastructure Engineer who possesses an insatiable desire to understand infrastructure technologies at their deepest level and who strives to lead highly visibility enterprise projects. As a member of our Infrastructure Engineering Team, you will be responsible for configuring and managing all things infrastructure, including but not limited to, our 120+ servers in Azure, our 30+ on premise servers, O365 and Azure services, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, HPE 3PAR SAN, HPE Apollo servers, VMware virtualization, and data center operations.
If you're passionate about technology, want to be immersed in cutting edge technology, and want to be part of a highly technical engineering team, we'd love to speak with you!
* Responsible for engineering infrastructure services in a Microsoft Windows Server environment consisting of 1 Active Directory forest, 2 domains, and 1 data center.
* Install, configure, and support VMware virtualization and SAN technologies (3PAR, HP MSA)
* Responsible for administering and supporting Exchange online mail service and Proofpoint email protection
* Responsible for our Active Directory enterprise inclusive of standards, organization, performance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and a forthcoming upgrade.
* Create and prune domain-wide Group Policy Objects
* Become our team expert in Azure services especially in identity management (SSO), automation, storage, tools, reporting and monitoring.
* Act as senior resource to junior level team members providing mentoring and advanced troubleshooting.
* Develop scripted solutions and automation to drive efficiency.
* Demonstrate advanced analytical skills to identify issue root cause and to maintain maximum uptime and service availability.
* Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
* Independently generate highly organized and detail project plans for successful project completion.
* Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
* Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
* Assist with yearly budgeting by developing vendor relationships and securing competitive quotes.
* Participate in an off hours on-call rotation.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related technical discipline.
* 5+ years in a senior infrastructure role with proven experience independently executing on enterprise projects.
* Recent experience responsible for operations of 200+ servers.
* Hands-on data center operations experience inclusive of racking, stacking, power, cooling and network connectivity.
* High level skill managing VMware infrastructure inclusive of SANs and networking.
* Expert-level skill utilizing PowerShell.
* Expert-level skill in Windows Server administration/troubleshooting
* Expert-level skill in Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and Azure.
* Strong knowledge of Azure SSO, MFA, and ADFS.
* Strong sense of ownership and proven experience implementing best practices.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstratable experience reviewing, evaluating, recommending and implementing technology solutions.
* Microsoft certifications highly desired, especially in Azure.
* Citrix experience desired.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company, and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate operating companies. As of December 31, 2018, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $29.7 billion of total assets under management, including more than 1,500 properties, and employed almost 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; and the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had over 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.
About The RMR Group
The RMR Group is an alternative asset management company that invests in real estate and manages real estate related businesses.