The RMR Group
The L2 Service Desk Technician is one of the escalation points for incident resolution and request fulfillment supporting RMR's internal customer base, nationwide. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to become an impactful and value-add member of the IT Team. Leveraging your wide breadth and depth of IT knowledge, you will support both Corporate office and remote office customers, including high-touch VIP personnel.
* Provide excellent customer support to both our Corporate and remote internal customers.
* Track and own customer issues with end-to-end ownership through final resolution.
* Proactively engage the required resources to ensure the customer expectation is exceeded in a timely manner.
* Assess and prioritize daily ticket workload aligning with Best Practice and in accordance with established SLAs.
* Provide excellent data quality within all assigned tickets.
* Install, configure, and support hardware and software in the environment.
* Participate in the on-call after hours support rotation.
* Periodically assist with special projects and emergencies, including but not limited to, regularly scheduled evening or early morning maintenance and emergency response at any time (24x7).
* Troubleshoot A/V issues in relation to high-visibility meetings and for VIPs.
* Contribute to both the IT and Customer Knowledge Base, writing concise and coherent incident description and resolution.
* Interface with vendors to coordinate hardware repair, when required.
* Escalate critical incidents to Service Desk Manager, as needed.
* Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and work with other teams to identify root cause and resolution.
* Provide phone and deskside support for mobile devices (iPhone & iPad).
* Create and maintain on point documentation for all desktop solutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledgebase.
* Work as a member of a collaborative team.
* Follow standard operating procedures around process and documentation.
* Recommend process improvements.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
* Ability to travel within the U.S. to support remote office networking issues, POTS, Wi-Fi, VoIP, mobile devices, and end user machines as needed by the specific job duties of the employee.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent technical discipline is strongly preferred.
* 2-4 years of working experience supporting 500+ Windows machines.
* Other technology areas include:
* Windows 7/10
* Onboarding/offboarding employees
* iPhone and iPad
* Web browsers
* Microsoft Outlook and O365 Suite
* Dell desktops and laptops
* Account Management
* ITIL and Best Practice experience preferred.
* Strong working experience with an IT Service Management tool, preferably ServiceNow.
* Cisco VoIP experience strongly desired.
* SCCM knowledge considered a plus.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding of asset management / software licensing compliance preferred.
* Excellent customer service and time management skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to develop processes and documentation.
* Strong work ethic, reliable, and collaborative.
* Ability to participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company, and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate operating companies. As of December 31, 2018, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $29.7 billion of total assets under management, including more than 1,500 properties, and employed almost 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; and the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had over 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.
About The RMR Group
The RMR Group is an alternative asset management company that invests in real estate and manages real estate related businesses.