Performs research and analysis of complex healthcare claims data, pharmacy data, and lab data regarding network utilization and cost containment information. Responsible for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing large sets of data to support various healthcare analytical reporting and dashboards.
* Develop and generate ad-hoc and standard reports using Microsoft Power BI, Tableu, MS SQL, Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Medinsight, RxNavigator, data analytics on the Hadoop platform, ATScale, SSAS, PowerBI Cloud and other analytic / programming tools.
* Collect and manipulate large dataset in Big Data environment using tools such as Scala, py/Spark, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), and Impala.
* Generate and distribute standard reports on schedule using SQL, Excel, and other reporting software.
Create new databases and reporting tools for monitoring, tracking and trending based on project specifications.
* Collects and documents report / programming requirements from requestors to ensure appropriate creation of reports and analyses. Uses peer-to-peer review process and end-user consultation to reduce report writing errors and rework.
* Responsible for timely completion of projects, including timeline development and maintenance; coordinates activities and data collection with requesting internal departments or external requestors.
Identify and complete report enhancements/fixes; modify reports in response to approved change requests; retain old and new report design for audit trail purposes.
* Analyze data sets and trends for anomalies, outliers, trend changes and opportunities, using statistical tools and techniques to determine significance and relevance. Utilize extrapolation, interpolation and other statistical methodologies to predict future trends in cost, utilization and performance. Provide executive summary of findings to requestors.
* Create comprehensive workflows for the production and distribution of assigned reports; document reporting processes and procedures.
* Assist with research, development and completion of special projects as requested by various internal departments, or in support of requests from regulatory agencies, contracting agencies, or other external organizations.
* Maintains SharePoint Sites as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science
* 5-7 years of progressive responsibilities in Data, Finance or Systems Analysis in a healthcare environment
* Expert knowledge of SQL
* Experience with BI Reporting Tool(s): Microsoft BI and/or Tableau, or equivalent
* 3 or more years of experience with Spark, Python, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau (or equivalent), and SQL
* BI tools - SSIS, SSRS, ProClarity, MEd Insight, etc.
* Preferred experience in Medical Economics and Strong Knowledge of Performance Indicators:
* Proactively identify and investigate complex suspect areas regarding medical cost issues
* Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind the numbers, assess business impacts, and make recommendations through use of healthcare analytics, predictive modeling, etc.
* Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support for finance, pricing and actuarial functions
* Multiple data systems and models
* Advanced Analytics, R Programming and Machine learning experience is a plus.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
About Molina Healthcare
Molina Healthcare is a healthcare organization that delivers health care services and offers health information management solutions.