We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to design and implement frontend technologies to build out our technology stack and manage performance of the vehicles In this role you will work closely with teams across Cruise to build tools, visualizations, portals and user interfaces that will primarily be used internally but may be shared with customers and business partners. Essentially, you'll build the frontend technologies that will enable Cruise to change the way people and products are transported.
The Remote Assistance system leverages human intuition to support autonomous vehicles in challenging situations. We build technology that allows humans to assist the AV's algorithms by suggesting a possible path and modifying constraints. The Remote Assistance Team is a full-stack team comprised of frontend, backend and AV engineers that works closely with other teams at Cruise to ensure our cars are driving safely and efficiently.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Design and implement frontend architectures to create user interfaces that reduce the chance for operator errors.
* Design and build user interfaces that minimize the response time from Cruise to the vehicle.
* Build frontends to provide operational insight into real-time data.
* Build a platform that is intuitive to use and new features that are easy to learn.
* Work closely with machine learning engineers to enable R&D efforts and improve existing systems.
* Drive best practices in our React & Redux based applications.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* At least 5+ years of experience building modern frontends using React, Redux, WebGL and similar libraries.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience.
* Experience working with backend REST APIs and websockets.
* Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
* Experience building interactive tools that are core to people's daily work.
* Experience with Three.js or related technologies.
* Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your workstation
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.