What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths-machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development-with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake's partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We're flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We're also proud to be one of Chicago's best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including Women@Uptake, Pride@Uptake, Science@Uptake, Parents@Uptake, and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
What You'll Do:
As a Front End Software Engineer, you'd work collaboratively in an Agile environment with other front end engineers and product designers to breathe life into our platform's user interfaces.
* Solve complex business problems using cutting edge tools and frameworks
* Collaborate with our User Experience team to create and implement product design
* Build efficient and reusable components that can be used throughout our applications
* Perform code reviews to help ensure code quality across the entire company
* Create unit and functional tests
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* In-depth knowledge of browser technologies
* Curiosity and an eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Experience with version control in a production environment
* Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
Nice to have:
* Experience with Angular, React, Redux, Immutable.js, Rx.js, Node.js, vue + vuex or equivalent
* Experience working with Karma, Jasmine, Mocha or Protractor frameworks
* Experience with developer toolchains, such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
* Experience with Git
Uptake is a SaaS platform that develops data-driven solutions and predictive analytics for major industries to optimize performance.