About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
Internal tools/Care is a challenging place. We've got to balance external stakeholders in our diners with a myriad of internal ones with our care organization. As part of this organization, you'll create responsive applications that millions of diners will see and use as they troubleshoot issues with their orders, building flows to automate and optimize wherever possible. You'll rigorously A/B test those changes in a winner-takes-all environment. You'll also develop powerful internal applications that run both stand-alone and on third-party systems, aligning around a totally different user base. As a senior engineer, you'll be in the spotlight; developing new features and applications, pushing new technologies, mentoring junior engineers, and having fun!
You Should Have
* 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
* History with one of the major web frameworks (E.g. Angular, React, Vue)
* Experience working in a test-driven development
* Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, software development lifecycle best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
* Familiar with Agile methodologies
* Experience working with open source technologies is required and contribution to open source systems is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
* Flexible PTO. It's true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
* PTO. It's true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
* Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
* Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
* Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they're granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we're all in it to win it.
* Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers - because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.