About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly.We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Impressions Management team, is all about building a robust, big data analytics pipeline that integrates feedback into our real-time API services in order to continually optimize content. We are looking for engineers (of all levels) to help us dramatically expand and improve the capabilities of our big data analytics platform that powers the positioning of restaurants, marketplace analytics, and insights aimed at helping restaurants stay competitive.
Our team loves solving scaling complex challenges to strike balances between the competing needs of our restaurants, our food delivery network, our end-users, and the marketplace itself. This team finds efficient solutions that integrate elegantly into an existing microservices framework. We collaborate with data scientists and analysts in adapting statistical and machine-learning models so they can scale, be applied in real-time, and accommodate various business requirements.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
* Explore, understand and design ways to deliver more relevant search results and a browsing experience for our users.
* Maintain and expand the capabilties of our system that continually measures and optimizes restaurant positioning that handles situations such as demand balancing, order throttling, personalization, maximizing returns, and so on.
* Big data challenges to scale processes so they can handle tens of millions of users and transactions
* Maintain REST APIs with fast response times while managing space and run-time complexities
* Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
* Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
* Experience working in a test-driven development
* Good understanding of Java and/or Scala
* Familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, Python a plus
* Understanding of version control
* Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
* E-commerce experience is a plus
* Ad-tech or analytics platform experience is a plus
* Willingness to understand larger business context
* Fast paced, tech and product oriented company
* Desire to work with a great team! Must be genuinely awesome
* If you are based in a city outside of New York, feel free to apply! Relocation may be possible for an ideal candidate!
And Of Course, Perks!
* Unlimited PTO. It's true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
* Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
* Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
* Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they're granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we're all in it to win it.
* Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers - because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.