Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Customer Support
Our Customer Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages all inbound service requests and communications with customers during the onboarding process, and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is retail customers, they're progressively interacting with institutional customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also eagerly takes on support-centric projects.
The Role: Senior FIX Application Support Engineer
Gemini is establishing itself as the industry leading exchange for institutional trading of digital assets. As Senior FIX Support Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to enter on the ground floor of a rapidly growing organization and be at the forefront of providing services to Gemini's institutional customer base. You will have the ability to shape the future of technical support for our growing institutional customer base while working closely with our engineering teams on the continuous improvement of the Gemini platform.
The ideal candidate is customer focused and has a track record of being an application support expert within the financial technology space; they enjoy and excel in building and configuring internal operational tools and are eager to leverage their experience to help Gemini bridge the gap between traditional financial service platforms and our world class digital asset exchange.
This position is full-time at Gemini's offices in New York City, and will report to the Director of Technical Exchange Services.
* Provide technical support to Gemini's API customers
* Develop internal tools to improve operational efficiency
* Investigate and precisely communicate application issues to Gemini development teams
* Clearly articulate issues to customers in a way that instills confidence and reliability
* Serve as the support technical lead and SME on FIX and ITCH/OUCH protols
* Manage the testing and on-boarding process for new API customers
* BA/BS degree in technical or engineering concentration
* 5 years of experience in a Financial Trading Systems Support role
* Deep understanding and working knowledge of FIX protocol and underlying network connectivity approaches
* Experience supporting binary trading and market data protocols
* Working knowledge of SQL databases and writing well-formed queries
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* 7 years of experience in a senior technical role at an Exchange, OMS or other Financial Services Technology provider
* Strong scripting capabilities in Python
* Experience keeping track of your work using project tracking tools like GitHub, JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
* Well versed in navigating systems and running commands from a Unix terminal
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive base salaries across all departments
* Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
* Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
* Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gemini is a digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets.