Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why some of Gemini's very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Physical Security Manager
Gemini is seeking a passionate and accomplished Corporate Physical Security Manager to manage implementing applicable physical security requirements in accordance with government, industry standards and best practices. This position will lead the Gemini physical security program for multiple geographically separated operations and administrative facilities.
* Execute Physical Security duties and responsibilities within Gemini's facilities
* Develop and update Security Policies, Plans, and Processes, including Emergency Action Plans and general guidance for all Gemini's locations
* Manage facility Access Control Systems (ACS) and oversee facility access processes and procedures.
* Manage physical security for all company sponsored events; assess risks and implement the appropriate proactive plans to assure attendee safety and security
* Develop, coordinate and facilitate a general employee security awareness training and communications program to shape culture and support evolving organizational initiatives.
* Manage Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) protecting all Gemini facilities including secure areas.
* Ensure monitoring of all Gemini facilities through Video Surveillance Systems, badging and other monitoring technologies.
* Investigate intrusion incidents, coordinate with guard/response forces and/or local or federal law enforcement, oversee corrective actions, and prepare reports for internal and external coordination addressing investigation results, culpability, impact assessment and future mitigation as applicable.
* Lead Physical Security Assessments to meet government and industry best practices.
* Manage and train physical security staff including personnel responsible for monitoring access to Gemini Facilities
* Manage contractors and consultants including those performing monitoring, security operations centers, guard and response forces, etc.
* Identification of and contracting of external facilities and/or contracts to meet specific project or organizational requirements
* 10+ years experience in corporate, government or military Physical/Facilities Security Management experience
* Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and/or Physical Security Professional (PSP) certification
* Experience with Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) facility security standards and requirements
* Experience with Supply Chain Risk Management
* Preferred experience managing/maintaining Secured/Sensitive Data Facilities
* Proficiency with S2 Access Control
* Knowledge of physical security risk assessment/management/mitigation methodologies
* Knowledge of construction and architectural principles, including scheduling, cost benefit analysis, Crime Prevention and site hardening
* Knowledge of site access and perimeter delineation, security lighting, and physical barrier systems
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive base salaries across all departments
* Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
* Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
* Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gemini is a digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets.