We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help drive the future of SoFi's Underwriting platform. The ideal candidate is hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others; and extend our application architecture to meet new requirements.
Our core stack is Java / Kotlin / Spring Boot / JPA / Hibernate / Kafka / Git, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these; we're looking for world-class developers to create game-changing technology.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money-a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
* Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
* Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
* Communicate with project leads, database professionals and other software developers on multiple projects.
* Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
* 5+ years Java programming experience
* Solid understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL with JPA/Hibernate.
* Effective in Git-based distributed version control systems
* Ability to thrive in Agile-based, microservices environments
* Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative workplace
* Spring Boot, Kafka, and Kotlin
* Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
* Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
* Test driven development along with unit and integration testing.
* Familiarity with AWS and at-scale services
* Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
* Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
* Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
* Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
* Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
* 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
* Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
* Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
* Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
* Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
SoFi is a finance company offering a range of lending and wealth management services.