We are looking for a talented Software Engineering Manager who wants to reimagine how a financial services company can better serve its members - moving from a high pressure, transaction-based sales relationship to a mutually beneficial, incentive-aligned lifetime relationship.
Technology has always been and will continue to be critical to SoFi's success and growth. As an engineering manager at SoFi, you'll be leading engineers in the entire lifecycle of products, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution. You'll assist engineers to design functionality, architect systems, squash bugs, refactor ugly code and continually grow as an engineer. The ideal candidate is technically both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and team leader.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money-a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
* Manage a team of Engineers
* You proactively contribute to the success of the organization of which your team is a part-dedicating approximately 20% of your time contributing to the success of the functional level next to and above you.
* You have and continue to demonstrate command of the technical and operational requirements of your role.
* You successfully developed employees who have grown within the organization.
* You resolve employee-related issues professionally-occasionally escalating these issues to the next level of the organization.
* You fully comprehend, effectively communicate, and enforce goals and objectives, feedback, and improvement plans
* Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
* Establish product delivery timelines
* Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds
* 8 years programming experience, ideally in a microservices environment.
* Experienced with: Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, PostgreSQL, JPA/Hibernate, and Git.
* Working knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment in an Agile project development environment.
* 5 years management experience
* Passion and expertise for tools and technology
* Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture.
* Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
* Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
* 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
* Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
* Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
* Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
* Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
SoFi is a finance company offering a range of lending and wealth management services.