Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
American Express is embarking upon an exciting modernization and transformational journey to implement an Enterprise Service Mesh to power our micro-services and APIs. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Native apps, Micro-services and APIs.
In this role, you will be a key member of the engineering team which will implement an enterprise scale service mesh with focus on scalability, performance, security and availability.
As a member of this team you will get hands on experience with Service Mesh and Side Car architectures, Cloud native architecture, Kubernetes, Security, Networking, Observability and Distributed Tracing.
You will learn how to apply these to solve large scale problems in distributed computing.
* Implement a service mesh on AMEX's cloud platform
* Develop, build and scale containerized apps
* Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
* Write highly performant code (JAVA preferred, C and Go are a nice to have)
* Develop Micro-services, APIs, REST and gRPC interfaces
* Develop proofs of concept to demonstrate feasibility of new ideas and technologies
* Contribute ideas and solutions to Amex's API strategy and our developer community
* Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or equivalent
* 7 years of engineering experience, with emphasis on programming and system design
* Hands on experience with Java, data structures and algorithms
* Experience preferred with REST/gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Cloud native apps
* Understanding of networking principles, performance testing, CICD and DevOps
* Self-motivated, ability to collaborate and drive results
* Proven ability to lead a team of engineers
* Ability to experiment with, learn and apply new technologies quickly
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a globally integrated payments company.