Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Do you see data or a better way to improve business and lives?
Today, there's a business advantage hiding in plain sight, and you'll find it in data. Our Data Engineers know how to use the latest technology to design, evaluate, debug and manage the data that leads to better decisions, a stronger company, and higher customer satisfaction. So if you're not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
More than the data on what you'll be doing.
There's no end to the data that's created every day and the opportunities you find here. But these are just some of your responsibilities:
* Work in collaboration with process/knowledge teams. Understanding requirements, designing and executing solutions will be part of your daily job where you will be required to showcase technical expertise in a group of technical and non-technical personnel
* Develop BI solutions using latest tools like Tableau and PowerBI. Work in collaboration with other technical teams who are also developing enterprise level BI reporting.
* Working in a global environment is required with a good understanding of cultural aspects, collaboration and communication is an important attribute needed for this role
* Work on data ingestion in shared database environments while working together with a shared technical team following agile methodology which will often require a change of focus as the work demands.
* Extensively develop and guide others in the BI tools space. Conduct trainings and be the light to show others what can be done with respect to their processes. Working with non-technical staff will be needed to ensure smooth onboarding of new ideas while working in collaboration with the rest of the team
* Automate existing manual repetitive tasks to help uplifting current processes using custom made tools which can be easily integrated (and scalable) in an enterprise environment. Showcase expertise in common automation tools like Blueprism (shared server bots), SSIS, batch scripting editing, VBA knowledge (uplifts and maintenance), Alteryx etc.
* Work on integrating new applications in current environment which are explored by the broader tech team, e.g. salesforce, big database APIs, market research tools API etc. to expand the touch points of incoming data in team
* Experience in designing algorithms and developing machine learning models from scratch. The candidate will identify what is the best approach/model to apply a machine learning technique (including Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification, etc.) and guide the team members and process/data owners on the requirements and methodologies to perform the task
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related field required; advanced degree preferred
* 3-5 years of Data ingestion and automation experience (hands on) is needed
* Proficient in building end to end reporting using latest BI tools like Tableau, PowerBI etc. is required. Candidate will be needed to take lead in not only developing these reports but also guiding others along the way.
* Strong expertise in database design and development with technologies like SSIS, SQL development is needed
* Experience in working on data security from a database as well as BI tools perspective is a must. You should develop reports in environments to share but secure exposure to backend data (e.g. in Tableau dashboard). Your daily tasks might require controlling access of published reports to various individuals / groups of people and expertise in this field is required
* Experience in integrating reports in a shared infrastructure is preferred
* Working knowledge with RPA tools like Blueprism will be an advantage. Knowledge of working with process mapping and automation tools like Alteryx is desired
* Knowledge in working with Big Data Technologies/ Frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Hive etc). Experience in architecting and ingesting data is preferred
* Well conversant with any one of version control capabilities like github, bitbucket and SVN
* Experience in partnering with multiple teams and managing stakeholder expectations is required
* Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
* Ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on a project
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Ability to communicate a message and present to stakeholders at all levels.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a multinational financial services corporation.