We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer with experience architecting and building software for embedded devices as part of an autonomous vehicle development team.
* Design, document, and implement complex, highly scalable, and low-latency software in C++ on a Linux-based system
* Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, continuous integration, automated testing, issue tracking, and code reviews
* Develop Linux drivers for next generation sensors
* Mentor non-senior developers
* 5+ years of experience writing production-quality software in C++
* Experience developing on and for Linux systems on dedicated hardware
* Demonstrated experience building, testing, and shipping commercially available software products
* Knowledge of and experience with software best practices: test-driven development, unit testing, automated testing, MISRA standards
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Experience with C++11 or later
* Experience with safety critical development experience (FDA, FAA, Automotive)
* Experience with networking
* Experience with ROS
* Experience with scripting languages: Python, shell scripts
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Lunch, snacks, and dinner
* Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.