Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) engineering organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter. Seeking Sr. Systems Engineer as a member of the RF Systems Department to be a key contributor within the Open Architecture Systems section.
* Analyzing system requirements, decomposing requirements to software subsystems, and defining testing criteria of the requirements at the hardware, software, and system level * Developing novel solutions for testing and verification of tactical and/or strategic radar system requirements. * Working with the Hardware and Software teams to develop system and unit level requirements * Analyzing flight test data and validating predicted results * Interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, end users & analysts * Innovate and improve the design and/or build to maximize customer satisfaction * Analyze and evaluate trades * Resolve technical issues * Support system design and development activities * Write and manage system, hardware, and software requirements with traceability to customer specifications * Develop test plans which trace to requirements * Experience writing and managing requirements using DOORS * Create deliverable documentation conforming to company engineering standards and contract requirements * Work with other specialty engineering teams, including whole life engineering and security systems engineering * Ensure that cost and schedule commitments are being met * Work proactively to complete tasks with limited oversight and direction
This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
The systems engineer will frequently work with a diverse group of software engineers, systems engineers and RF subject matter experts and must be comfortable either working independently or as part of an integrated development team. Under the oversight of SEIT Integrated Product Team (IPT) leadership and functional management, applicants will have the opportunity to lead small groups in development, integration testing and requirements verification.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
* 4 years systems engineering experience with a B.S. degree, or 2 years with a M.S. degree; past experience must include successful experience in leading requirements and design ("front end") as well as integration and test ("back end") * Depth in one or more engineering disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering * Expertise in one or more areas: Radars, Antennas, Testing. * Experience writing system and software requirements * Experience writing test plans and procedures * Proven experience generating organized work products that resulted in improved execution efficiency * Proven ability to work productively with minimal supervision * Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
* Experience using Rational Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) software for * Experience in understanding Software Requirements (C++ knowledge desired) * Experience with financial management, such as a past role as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead or Cost Account Manager (CAM) * Current certification in Earned Value Management (EVM) (Internal to Raytheon) * Ability to represent the company to customers in a highly professional manner through email, teleconferences, and in-person presentations * Active SAP clearances or ability to obtain such clearances
* MS Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics
* Ph.D in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics with emphasis in Machine Learning
140768 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.