Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DataFox (acquired by Oracle in 2018) is the real-time source of truth on over 3 million companies around the world. Business professionals all rely on DataFox to understand their markets and prioritize which companies they should be targeting.
Data is in our name, and it's our core asset. Every day tens of thousands of events in the business world are processed, analyzed, and incorporated into DataFox's growing knowledge-base of companies. Sales and marketing professionals use DataFox to answer strategic questions like "which software companies with revenue of at least $5 million opened a new office recently?" or "which healthcare companies based in California just launched a new product?" We're really excited about enabling businesses to make more strategic decisions powered with data.
There's a lot left to build. DataFox is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to partner with product, engineering, and sales teams to answer key questions about how to expand and improve our data.
● Become an expert on all DataFox data.
● Work closely with product managers and software engineers to brainstorm analysis ideas.
● Conduct data analyses on large, disparate data sources in order to validate and prioritize hypotheses to enhance our data.
● Translate ambiguous business problems into feasible analytic exercises to provide insights that impact data product strategy and roadmap.
● Communicate your findings clearly and effectively to a wide audience of relevant partners, and are capable of building meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story.
● Conduct thorough research on ways to enhance our data.
● Evaluate potential new data sources and collaborate with engineers to integrate them into DataFox.
● Investigate and deep dive into the root cause of reports of data issues.
● Support sales and customer success in ad hoc data requests to support strategic prospects and customers.
● 4 years experience in a data analyst or related role.
● Bachelors' or above in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
● Experience working with data on the scale of tens of millions of records.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● You are a self-starter who is capable of learning on the job, takes initiative, and can thrive within a large team. You can pivot from blockers and develop a new approach when there are no precedents.
● Technical skills:
○ Strong scripting background
○ Proficiency in programming/scripting and knowledge of statistical packages like R, Python/Pandas
○ Writing SQL queries
○ Experience working with APIs
○ Comfortable with command line tools
○ Deep understanding of common quantitative techniques like regression, experiment design, etc.
○ Nice-to-have: experience analyzing unstructured text and using tools in NLP.
● Due Diligence
○ Intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand how complex systems work.
○ Diligence in digging deep into the details to identify root causes of issues.
○ Seek and obtain context when you need it.
● Problem-solving ability
○ Investigate and diagnose issues to their root cause
○ Follow a scientific approach to testing hypotheses and making diagnoses
○ Synthesize analysis results and package for broad audience of stakeholders, including engineering and product managers.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.