To create and maintain the technical content of Databricks' courses, and to support Databricks' technical instructors with adopting new materials and updates.
* Create a self-paced training content to onboard new customers to the Databricks platform.
* Update current instructor-led training materials (Spark Overview, Spark Programming & Spark ML) using the latest versions of Spark in Scala, Python, and R.
* Maintain instructor guides for instructor-lead training materials
* Continuously update all material to keep pace with Apache Spark updates
* Own and maintain the technical content of Databricks' courses.
* Support instructors with adopting new materials and updates.
* Create technical learning solutions including online tutorials, technical labs, audio and video assets, simulations, instructor led and self-paced training.
* Identify learning objectives for desired training materials and develop project plans.
* Work with subject-matter-experts to research, scope, and design hands-on, learner-centered curricula.\
* 5+ years of experience in technical curriculum design and development.
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing online, ILT, and self-paced learning experiences.
* Track record of ramping up quickly on new technologies.
* Strong analytic skills, ability to use/develop data to drive decision making.
* Experience with Apache Spark and Big Data
* Experience with software development, especially in one or more of these languages: Python, Scala, R, Java
* [Preferred] Knowledge of Machine Learning
* [Preferred] Experience delivering training
* [Preferred] Experience with Azure and Amazon cloud administration and blob stores
* Competitive salary with uncapped commission and aggressive accelerators
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.