As a Data Scientist on the Data Team, you will use Databricks to process and analyze Databricks customer usage data and define correct user engagement metrics that help shape our product better. You will also conduct exploratory data analysis and share interesting insights with the company. Your work will directly influence the company's core strategy, future product decisions, and interactions with customers. Join us and work closely with world's leading experts in distributed systems to build a next-generation big data platform that users love.
* Use Databricks to build internal data warehouse and integrate it with BI and CRM services used internally
* Use Databricks to analyze usage data, and create dashboards and reports
* Build self-serving internal data products to make data simple within the company
* Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to understand product usage patterns and trends and to make data-driven decisions and forecasts
* Provide product feedback to PM and Engineering teams
* Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup
* Knowledge of data processing and applied statistics
* Proficient in data analysis and visualization using R or PyData
* Familiar with SQL and databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Experience with distributed data processing systems like Spark and Hadoop
* General-purpose languages such as Python and Scala
* Desire to explore lots of data to find unexpected insights
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* [Plus] Advanced degrees in statistics, computer science, math, or similar fields
* [Plus] Familiarity with interactive data visualization using tools like D3.js
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch every day, snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.