The Sr. Cloud DevOps/Solutions Engineer role reports into R&D IT Team. This role will be responsible for the support and development of cloud solutions for Edwards' Critical Care R&D business needs.
This position will perform R&D IT solutions architecture, and design solutions and projects focused on cloud infrastructure and IP protection.
* Evaluate new technologies & build effective solutions for R&D
* Engineer robust solutions that are scalable and meet the needs of New Product Development and other business requirements
* Work with Cloud Architects in developing and implementing new cloud solutions
* Bring Best of Breed Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure and Software solutions
* Remove roadblocks to innovation, build key relationships and lasting partnerships
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related area is required. A minimum 5 years of relevant experience is required with a Bachelor's degree; a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required with a Master's degree. Relevant experience includes:
* Developing cloud-based applications and/or solutions
* Good knowledge of Azure IaaS components such as VMs, Virtual networks, Storage and PaaS components like App Service, Serverless computing, Storage
* AWS VPCs, Subnets, EC2s, routing
* AWS Compute, Storage, IoT, Developer Tools
* Experience implementing DevOps processes and tools
* Analytical, problem solver with ability to challenge existing processes and come up with innovative solutions.
* Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things
* Experience with system engineering for combined hardware, software systems is a plus.
* Java, Python or other Object-Oriented Programming and troubleshooting skills is highly preferred.
* Proficiency with software tools for requirements management, engineering analysis, and statistical analysis.
* Demonstrated technical project management skills on multi-year projects with multi-functional teams
* Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with engineers, management, marketing and health care professionals
* Knowledge of Medical Device product lifecycle to provide technical leadership is a plus.
* Knowledge of HIPAA Requirements and developing a HITRUST Certified application and/or infrastructure is a plus.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.