Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
The Roblox Capacity Team is looking for one Senior Capacity Engineer to bring Roblox Capacity Planning and Management into next year. You will have the opportunity to be an early part of a team building out a global infrastructure.
* Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Statistics and/or similar technical field of study
* 5+ years experience in an Infrastructure Demand or Capacity planning role
* Strong experience with capacity planning for large scale infrastructure and distributed systems
* Experience with data modeling for data center and public cloud capacity planning
* Experience with programming languages and scripting, like Python or Go
* Collaborative and capable of working cross-functionally with different teams that vary from Product to Marketing to Operations to HW to SW to Finance
* Self-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Develop and maintain Infrastructure Capacity Plan for major services (such as game infrastructure) using growth modeling, utilization optimization & capacity management
* Drive capacity optimization efforts internally that improve fleet utilization to help DC planning for next 5+ years
* Deliver a monthly or quarterly Capacity Operational update to internal stakeholders that's based on growth, utilization, & other data-driven metrics
* Build data models to take different data inputs to create capacity plans for both short term management and long term forecast
* Build automation tools to improve capacity planning operational efficiency
* You must possess a sense of vision, ability to motivate and influence others, solve problems, meet deadlines and executive presence.
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.