Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Join an amazing team that's building the future of play. Every month, over 80 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer, you'll be working on state-of-the-art Load Balancing and matchmaking systems to intelligently distribute game play loads over a massively distributed server fleet across the world. If you are passionate about high performance, high quality, maintainable code, that impacts millions of users, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Matchmaking team.
* Skilled with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
* Passionate about modern web application frameworks (.NET MVC, Django, Ruby-on-rails)
* Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
* Experienced 4+ years development track record shipping high quality, working code
* Data driven with the ability to measure and analyze data.
* Collect and analyze data from player distribution outcomes
* Help build the next-generation load distribution system that learns and adapts to deliver the best player experience.
* Help scale Roblox platform to millions of users across the world
* Have an opportunity to work with and learn cutting edge technologies
* Define, identify and resolve performance issues
* Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
* Ensure code quality by developing unit and integration tests
* Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
* Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
* Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
* Fitness reimbursement program
* 401K program
* Pre-tax commuter program
* Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 80 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
ROBLOX is a comprehensive 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games and get them in front of a massive audience.