Interested in working on software used by millions of customers every day? Intrigued by the opportunity to contribute to one of the largest open source projects in the world? The Amazon Silk browser team is looking for a strong and experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join our agile and fast-moving team, drive business insights and develop metrics that support product growth. To support customer and business insights, this role has complete ownership of data modeling, cluster management, QuickSight implementation, ETL automation, ad-hoc reporting, and long term analytical and statistical projects. You will support customers and partners across multiple Fire device platforms, and work with multiple sources and a wide range of data technologies (e.g. Redshift, S3, and Quicksight etc.).
We operate like a startup in a big company - the successful candidate will demonstrate good business acumen and take ownership of driving insights from large data sets. She/he will have experience in developing reports and conducting analysis, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
* Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Building scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that will provide data/KPIs to inform business decision making
* Investigating data sources across Amazon and expand existing device data infrastructure
* Developing QuickSight expertise to drive adoption and increase visibility into key measures of business performance.
* Proposing and prioritizing changes to key metric reporting, creating additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements, and owning the data presented.
* Designing, implementing, and supporting key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information.
* Interfacing with business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve complex challenges.
* Developing a thorough understanding of customer behavior and external business drivers to inform decision making
* Investigating and implementing new big data technologies to provide automatic resolutions to address stakeholder needs.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.