At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
The Product Platform teams operates at the critical intersection of product and infrastructure, building technology to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history. As a member of the Product Platform team, you will be responsible for developing core platforms, distributed services, customer insights powered by data mining & ML techniques to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our products and operations. These core platforms serve as the essential backbone to fuel the most dynamic and fastest growing startup in the world, Uber. If you are passionate about designing and building extremely reliable, highly scalable, and performant multi-tenant services that never fail, this is right group for you.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Build platforms, distributed services, apply ML techniques which is going to be leveraged by thousands of Operations & Engineers to keeping Uber business running.
* Review technical design, code and documentation.
* Mentor and support your teammates.
* Participate in a periodic on-call rotation
What You'll Need
* BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
* Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
* Software design and data modelling: understanding of design patterns and architecture
* Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
* Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
* Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, and Zookeeper is preferred.
* Machine Learning - experience with machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, algorithmic complexity, predictive modeling is a plus.
* Understanding of testing environments.
About the Team
This team is building platform & services to provide Uber Integrated and personalized CRM experience that enables sales team to proactively engage with partners and customers across their full life cycle. Our flagship product, uConnect, supported by machine learning technologies is powering the sales experience and is leveraged by thousands of agents to bring in new customers to Uber
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.