JP Morgan Chase
Senior Associate, Sr Accessibility Specialist
Req #: 190056903
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Digital
The Electronic Communications Accessibility Team (eCAT) is leading the bank towards a competitive digital experience for ALL of our customers by first achieving standards and regulatory conformance and then adding innovative, accessible features & services.
The JPMorgan Chase Electronic Communications Accessibility Team is seeking a knowledgeable and resourceful Accessibility Consultant. Our optimal candidate will not only be able to demonstrate their knowledge and sensitivity to the access needs of people with disabilities, but also be able to compliment the team in ways we've yet to conceive.
The Accessibility Consultant is responsible for identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the W3C WCAG 2.0 standards as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act, and other accessibility related laws. This team member will apply their accessibility knowledge to a wide range of the firm's digital properties including but not limited to websites, mobile applications, and documents like PDFs. This new team member will bring a broad range of knowledge which will compliment and strengthen an already dynamic, seasoned group of accessibility professionals.
* Broad knowledge of accessibility barriers as well as the tools and techniques for overcoming them
* Knowledge of accessibility standards: WCAG 2.0, ADA Section 508, 21st Century Video and Communications Act. Knowledge of International laws is a plus
* Ability to discern accessibility issues and trends from defect reviews, metric reports and monitoring
* Ability to analyze and employ problem-solving skills to recommend the best solution
* Ability to assess and explain user impact of an accessibility issue or defect
* Knowledge of accepted accessibility processes and best practices
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Detailed knowledge of a broad range of technologies:
* Accessibility on various platforms including Windows and MacOS
* Mobile accessibility on various platforms including Android and IOS
* Video and other digital media
* PDF and other document standards
* Hands on knowledge of Assistive Technology (e.g screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, etc)
* Knowledge of technologies including but not limited to: (Familiarity of these languages are nice to have but not mandatory)
* HTML 4 and 5
* CSS 2 and 3
* Ability to analyze code for accessibility issues
* Ability to communicate to a wide range of project stakeholders (e.g. Executives, Managers, Designers, Developers, etc)
* Knowledge of ALM, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
* Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies is a plus
* Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discern future trends is a plus
* Experience with Internet or mobile usability/accessibility research is a plus
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.