Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Systems Security Engineer (SSE) to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cybersecurity, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The SSE will participate in the development of embedded system security solutions, and will be responsible for developing and executing efforts for secure system products.
The SSE must be able to work independently and as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging guidelines and concepts. The SSE must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, and may be required to brief senior Raytheon and customer leadership teams.
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT *
* Minimum 4+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems/Software Engineering architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
* Experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs (embedded experience highly preferred).
* Working knowledge of secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies and guidelines
* Experience in at least one of the following: Anti-Tamper (HW, SW, Systems), Cybersecurity, Software Assurance
* Ability to interact with customers to define requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness.
* Develop top-level system requirements, and flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
* Experience with direct interfaces with respect to customer representatives and external suppliers
* Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf security technologies and trusted products
* ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearances
* U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Experience in System Integrity, NSA Security design, or related field
* Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
* Experience with certification and accreditation of cryptographic, anti-tamper, and other security-related engineering products / systems
* Experience with multi-level security solutions
* Experience performing reverse engineering
* Background in both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering practices
* Knowledge of security standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security safeguards; and operational security measures.
* Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field; Advanced degree(s) preferred
139166 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.