Requisition ID: 217931
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
We are currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our global Database Administration team within Product Development. Candidate is a direct report to the Manager of Database Administration. This position will be based in Naperville, IL.
What You Will Deliver:
* Create lightweight, portable scripts for automation of complex functions such as monitoring, database upgrades, database maintenance, data migration, metrics collection, analysis, audit evidence collection and data denormalization.
* Deploy database upgrade scripts to Production environments as dictated by the application release schedule and needs of the business.
* Identify and analyze performance issues; suggest resolutions through database design improvement, indexing strategies and refactoring.
* Contribute to the design, maintenance and optimization of high availability and disaster recovery.
* Collaborate with IT, Development, QA and Professional Services teams to manage Production and pre-production environments.
* Collaborate with developers on database design and participate in database capacity planning.
* Review SQL code and recommend optimizations while enforcing best practices.
* Take part in 24x7x365 DBA On-call rotation.
* Support security initiatives including database auditing and audit evidence preparation.
* Create and maintain documentation for processes and policies.
* Evaluate and recommend database tools.
* Demonstrate an ability to be productive with minimal supervision, have a focus on service and the foresight to understand future impacts current changes may have on the Fieldglass application and/or clients' business processes.
What We Are Looking For:
* Bachelor's/master's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
* 7+ years direct hands-on experience as a DBA/SQL developer.
* MS SQL Server 2012 or higher.
* 6+ years of database server installation/configuration.
* Always-On/High Availability experience
* Linux or Unix experience.
* SQL development experience.
* Powershell and process automation.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret query execution plans.
* Knowledge and ability to leverage SQL Server DMV's.
* Strong time management, organization, analytical skills and the ability to identify opportunities for optimization and process improvement.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills (both oral & written) and the ability to work closely with various technical teams of all skill levels (must be an effective communicator)
* SaaS and Cloud computing experience preferred.
* SAP HANA experience is a plus.
* Kubernetes/docker/container experience is a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.