As the department's Retail and Integration Solutions Engineer, this position will support various business units in project management, applications administration, writing of policy and procedures, project management for enhancements, releases, and process improvements. Solves organizational system and process problems and requirements by analyzing requirements; designing applications workflows for optimization and efficiency; recommends controls and protocols. Provides the role of liaison between business units, back office, and IT to maximize use of applications, systems, and workflow. Implementing solutions, software updates, installations, and system configurations. Research technical solutions and make advisements based on business needs, costs, implementation complexity, and more.
* Monitor administrative consoles of infrastructure systems, looking for coverage, consistency, status, and error exceptions.
* Review infrastructure system logs for errors and exceptions.
* Review administrative reports to monitor for results, status, and exceptions, and work exceptions.
* Administration on above-mentioned infrastructure systems.
* Support Retail and Integration Solutions Analysts and escalate to Network Engineering as needed.
* Assist in maintaining documentation of configuration information for infrastructure systems.
* Maintain support & maintenance contract information for infrastructure systems.
* Work with management and vendors to keep coverage in place.
* Monitor for renewal dates.
* Determine operational objectives through management direction, studying business functions, gathering information, and understanding and evaluating outcomes expected.
* Serves as system(s) administrator on assigned applications and works with business units to assure that systems are maximized for optimal performance through studying system capabilities as compared to business needs. Defines and/or discovers specifications to clarify project scope and scale.
* Reports project progress by tracking activity and assignments, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and executing recommending actions.
* Maintains systems protocols by writing and updating policies and/or procedures.
* Provides references for users by drafting and maintaining user documentation and training materials and providing user desk support.
* Prepares reports and updates by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and distributing to appropriate users.
* Working with core processor vendor (Jack Henry) on various projects to assure strong implementation within the organization, assists the Director of Retail and Integration Solutions to develop and implement departmental programs, review and streamline policy, procedures, and process improvement in various lines of business throughout the organization.
* Working closely with IT and vendors, implements new system enhancements, fixes, releases on assigned applications.
* Improves systems by studying current practices and uses and designing modifications to enhance performance.
* Maintains current knowledge by attending applicable seminars, webinars, user meetings, reviewing published documentation, establishing professional networks, and interfacing with other professionals both inside and outside of the organization.
* Communicate with coworkers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
* Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment if applicable.
* May assist in training new employees and answer co-worker questions.
* Completes compliance and other job related training as required.
* Participate in departmental all-staff and Service Desk meetings as a contributing member.
* Keep other team members and manager updated with any problems encountered, particularly as they relate to customer service, due dates, or security issues.
* This list includes the key activities. Other job-related duties will be added and modified as needed.
* High school degree is required; Associate's or trade school degree in technology strongly preferred.
* 3-5 years relevant work experience required.
* Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
* Technical familiarity with, and experience using and operating in a Microsoft Windows network environment.
* Experience using administrator consoles to maintain enterprise software.
* Prior technical Help Desk or Network Administration experience helpful.
* Prior Banking industry experience is a plus, especially as it pertains to line-of-business application usage and/or customer service.
* Core banking systems
* Deposit experience (new accounts, teller, etc.)
* Banking software/applications
* Ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency to the level of a subject matter expert (SME) of various company software applications/systems.
* Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
About Independent Bank
Independent Bank provides a wide range of relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of businesses, professionals, and community organizations.