EY (Ernst & Young)
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Resource Management Supervising Associate, you'll oversee the staffing for an office or a cluster within a sub-Area. You may be asked to manage other resource analysts, and will have responsibility for scheduling all levels within a service line across several offices. You'll receive minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis, and work independently, setting appropriate priorities. This position generally incurs approximately 10% overtime and some travel may be necessary.
* Support sub-Areas' fiscal planning activities with planning and analysis
* Working with the Shared Service Center, integrate graduates and experienced hires into the service line
* Confirm that resource analysts are scheduled on engagements and development activities that support their career goals
* Manage complex scheduling assignments
* Work closely with multiple managers and other leaders to complete scheduling assignments
* Share resources and leading practices for an office or a cluster within a sub-Area
* Proactively identify and address scheduling issues
* Communicate regularly to Resource Management leaders on relevant activities and issues
* Prioritize staffing decisions, based on engagement risk, specialization requirements, timing constraints, staffing continuity and geographic considerations
* Identify performance or morale issues with the client-serving staff you support. Address these with Americas People Team (APT) and Resource Management leaders as needed
* Identify over-and under-utilized personnel, and re-allocate resources to address any imbalance
* Negotiate with client-serving teams to re-allocate individuals, in order to meet the sub-Area's staffing needs
* Consult with resource managers on any issues or conflicts they cannot resolve
To qualify, candidates must have:
Knowledge and skills requirements
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Ability to lead without having formal authority
* A minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience
* Experience in a professional services firm desirable
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About EY (Ernst & Young)
EY is engaged in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.