Microsoft has assembled a talented and diverse team to create the world's first scalable quantum computing system. A key aspect of this mission is the creation of a full stack of hardware, software, tools, and services to enable us to solve problems that aren't solvable on today's computing platforms.
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to guide the requirements, specifications, schedule, dependencies, and partnerships that will help achieve continued success. If you have experience in building, deploying, maintaining, and scaling production Azure services, a role as Senior Program Manager on the Microsoft Quantum Team might be a great fit for you. You'll have an opportunity to learn about quantum concepts in this role, and you don't need to be a quantum expert to join our team.
You'll also have an opportunity to engage with and directly support the customers of our quantum program, which span many exciting industry sectors. As Microsoft's quantum experts build out algorithms to solve partner opportunities, you'll be at the center of conversations and help them track progress.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
* 3+ years of Program Management experience in engineering-related areas on Azure Services
* Experience with PM Development and Release of Production on Azure Services
* Direct customer engagement experience
* An essential basic qualification is a strong sense of curiosity and a passion to innovate in brand new technology areas.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Strategy & Planning - Guide an agile planning process for each service/feature, including collecting requirements from multiple stakeholders, interfacing across teams, and creating an effective execution process.
* Progress Reporting - Deliver reliable score-carding and reporting that provides program leaders information to drive data-driven decisions.
* Great Partnerships - Interface with many partner teams across quantum, Azure, and beyond. You'll ensure that dependencies are satisfied on time and manage upstream dependencies with great communication.
* Schedule - Create and maintain a realistic schedule and commitments based upon strategy, available resources, and demonstrated capacity of the team.
* Specifications - Write, review, share, and execute on specifications for cloud services related to quantum computing.
* Inclusive collaboration - Embodies our culture of open communication, collaboration, and drawing the best out of everyone around us.
A successful first year in this position will feature:
* Leveraging your interpersonal and collaboration skills to deliver results across a diverse team.
* Strategic planning, execution, relationship development, and working with project leaders.
* Knowledge and experience working with Azure service development and secure deployment.
* Solid technical depth and knowledge of the Azure stack of technologies.
* Ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, while creating clarity.
* High personal maturity and accountability for self and others, modeling Microsoft's values.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.