Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon's broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
As a Content Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for owning the end-to-end testing, leading a small team of vendor QA, and resourcing of all Twitch Prime content launches as well as developing testing standards and process innovation. You will work with stakeholders in business development, marketing, program management, and account management to ensure content campaign launches meet Twitch Prime's quality bar. Leadership looks to you for launch quality status.
The successful candidate will:
* Be responsible for the end to end ownership of content QA
* Lead QA testers that are responsible for testing content and partnering game developer integrations
* Script new test cases with existing automation framework
* Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements
* Be responsible for mentoring and developing QA Testers
* Performs deep dive and root cause analysis on weekly quality performance of launched campaigns.
* Supports operations team to develop action plans to improve quality performance
* Tracks results of actions plans on weekly basis and course correct if the action plans are not working
* Re-visit error categories on a quarterly basis with Quality program team and ensure that error categories are yielding the appropriate root cause
* Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality performance of future campaigns
* Deep dive and support Program Managers on handling launch blocking bugs and customer escalations
* Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon
* Work closely with customer-facing teams to improve quality bar.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.