Senior Manager, TPM, AWS Kumo Software
Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
The AWS Kumo Software Team is searching for a passionate, talented, and results-oriented Senior Manager, Technical Program Management to drive the delivery of complex, cross-functional and cross-organizational projects. We are looking for a relentless self-starter that will boldly do what's best for the business to serve our customers; someone with a true pioneering spirit, willing to "get hands dirty" in a start-up environment while being able to optimize delivery against both short and long term goals.
In this role, you and your matrixed team will be responsible for helping support the delivery of large and complex technical projects end-to-end. You will partner with engineering and product managers on design/implementation efforts, across internal & partner teams around the globe, to deliver innovative products and services that our customers love. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize timelines, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional and geographically diverse project teams.
This role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership and team development skills as you will be a coach for your own matrixed team as well as well as an owner of your own strategic projects. You and your team will be responsible for driving multiple parallel project schedules from design to release, and managing the ongoing, timely production launches. You will also be responsible for setting program management standards and expectations and delivering large, cross functional projects and setting strategic direction for key growth initiatives. The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, demonstrated track record of leading complex, large technical projects, and experience in delivering world class innovation. You must also be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to succeed in this role.
* Working on strategic technically complex projects that are critical for the overall performance of the Kumo Software business, owning team and org-level goals
* Delivering results by leading cross functional development teams from design to roll out
* Earning trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
* Overcoming barriers through problem solving, resourcefulness, and coordination with stakeholders
* Hiring and coaching your team to be highly effective in delivering their own complex projects
* Partnering with other leaders across Kumo Software and the broader AWS Support organization to identify and influence development of technical capabilities to accelerate the growth of the Kumo Software business
* Working on scaling mechanisms to help ensure we operate at the highest bar from a people and execution perspective
* Communicating (both written and verbal) to a wide range of audiences including AWS executive leadership
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.