ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Our ISO technology group is seeking a QA Analyst accountable for performing manual and automated testing of applications supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in project analysis.
* Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases for websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
* Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application quality.
* Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
* Provides technical guidance to junior testers and other team members.
Skills and Knowledge
* Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as Sql, Xml, Json and scripting languages.
* Provide input in prioritizing, estimating, and defining acceptance criteria
* Clearly define test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
* Provide usability and functionality feedback to developers
* Interact with customers on issues and provide recommendations
* Ability to build automated test scripts
* Plan tests and strategies according to the project
* Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue.
* Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting.
* Bachelor's in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of proven experience in software development industry, participating in team environment
* 3+ years of experience in automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver
* 3+ years of proven experience in testing web services such as RESTful API.
* 2+ years of proven experience in performance testing using tools such as Apache JMeter.
* Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, C# .Net.
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
* Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
* Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as Zephyr.
* Familiarity with Agile [Scrum]
* Experience in testing non-GUI applications (SQL, Flat Files, XML, and etc.)
* Familiarity working in a Continuous Integration atmosphere.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.