With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
* Serve as the technical resource in the conception and development of new predictive modeling initiatives, with some supervision
o Suggest and develop innovative analytic methods that result in a technically superior product and/or create a competitive advantage, as well as meet design requirements and project timeline
o Research, evaluate, and recommend internal and external data sources and coordinate with data resources
o Serve as the senior technical person on data cleansing, variable creation, variable transformation, etc., as well as best-practices in the creation of analytic datasets
o Serve as the consummate technical person in model development and validation analyses - from driving pragmatic practice of methods to devising novel solutions and diagnostic measures, to coaching and mentoring junior staff
o Act as senior technical person in development and execution of methods to address needed business diagnostics; review, and aid productization and deployment
o Provide significant input to Product Management on implementation specifications and production testing
o Act as senior technical person to develop process and metrics to monitor model performance
o Review reports and make recommendations for needed model refits / enhancements
* Keep abreast of business trends / product needs
* Research literature to stay current on technical methods to solve specific problems
* Graduate degree (M.S. required, Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative discipline
* 2+ years professional experience building predictive and descriptive models
* Exposure to the property & casualty industry is desirable, and experience with medical, clinical, fraud & abuse and pharmacy data analytics is a big plus
* Experience, and expertise in diverse statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. - GLM/Regression, Boosting, Random Forest, Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, text mining, social network analysis etc.)
* Demonstrated proficiency with statistical packages in Spark ML-Lib, Python, R, or SAS is a must
* Ability to program in Python, Spark, Scala, R, or SAS is highly desirable
* Understanding of RDBMs and interactive SQL programming skills are a must
* Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc., and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) is highly desirable
* Aptitude for picking up new technologies is expected
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.