What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Mid/Senior Software Engineer responsible for building Java & Java Script based applications supporting the Federal Government ordering of their telecommunications needs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, knowledge sharing, and product quality is essential.
* Translate application storyboards, user stories, and use cases into functional applications.
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/java Script code.
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and solutions to these problems.
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Java, JS with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
* Experience in building of RESTful/SOAP web services.
* Experience with relational databases(Oracle) and writing complex queries using SQL/ Stored Procedure.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Strong knowledge of Java, Java Script & Spring Framework (JDBC, MVC, MVVC).
* Experience in TypeScript development.
* Node JS with server side implementation.
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming.
* Knowledge with various design and architectural patterns.
* Experience in Hibernate ORM.
* Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git.
* Knowledge with build tools such as Ant and Maven.
* Knowledge with continuous integration & delivery (CI/CD).
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.